Happy Earth Day!
Actively participate in healing the earth.
Here's what you can do:
- Don't use pesticides
- Don't use herbicides
- Plant bee friendly plants
- Permanent pastures cool the earth and prevent erosion
- Support Grass-based farms
- If you're buying non-dairy milks; almond, soy, cashew, etc. buy organic
- One grass-fed steer has the power to heal the earth
Bee Deaths- A Lethal Combination
Bee expert Reed Johnson of The Ohio State University, with support from the Almond Board of California, determined the cause of bee deaths in about 80,000 colonies brought in to pollinate almond trees.
The deaths and deformed brood were caused by a combination of fungicides and pesticides. Each product was deemed "safe" for honey bees.
However, when combined, these products turned lethal. 5% of the bees brought in to pollinate the 2014 almond crop died.